MoonTime is now proudly stocking MyownCup menstrual cup.
I’ve been using the cup for a few years now and I love it… it has definitely been a game changer! It’s easy to use once you get the knack of it, no nasties inside your body and I get to give my blood back to the earth. A sister once said ‘if more women gave their blood back to the earth, there would be less need for bloodshed through violence’. How incredible that I get to give back to our mama while honouring myself.
I wear a cup during the day when I’m out and about and our MoonTime pads at night so I can let my blood flow. I’m grateful for the combo and I love that every moontime I don’t spend a cent and I throw nothing away… except my blood back into the earth!
What a blessing x
Some Info about MyownCup
MyownCup menstrual cup is made from 100% medical grade silicone. It is a cup that is inserted into the vagina and collects menstrual fluid rather than absorbing it. It is comfortable, discreet and can last up to 5 years.
Honour Yourself, the Earth and your Cycle.
- Cost effective
- Eco friendly
- Contains no harmful substances
- Nothing to throw away
- Can be worn for up to 12 hours at a time
- Easily sterilized through boiling
- Does not irritate or dry
- Highly reliable
- Entirely invisible (no external parts)
- Suitable for swimming & other sports
- Does not interfere with the body’s natural processes
- Can be used with an Intra Uterine Device (IUD)
- Unaffected by a tilted uterus
Inserting the Cup
Push Down Folding Method
Push the rim of the cup down into the inside of the base of the cup
Grasp the rim of the cup with your other hand to help maintain the crease, while continuing to pinch firmly with original hand to ensure that the rim is still pointed.
Insert cup until stem is 1 – 2 cm inside of the vagina
– It is very important to relax when inserting & removing your cup. To aid insertion use some clean water to wet the cup.
– MyownCup does not need to be inserted as high as a tampon. Inserting the cup too high will make removal more difficult, and if the cup sits too high it can also be uncomfortable. Insert it, so that the stem of the cup is 1-2cm inside the vagina.
– Once inserted, if the cup is not fully opened, you can gently pull on the stem of the cup (as if to remove it). This will allow the cup to move lower in the vagina and air to flow into the air holes helping it open completely. Do not pull to the point where it comes out of the vagina.
Removing the Cup
Wash your hands with soap and clean water. Sit comfortably and relax your vaginal muscles. You should be able to feel the stem of the cup. If not, reach up and grasp the stem, or squeeze your vaginal muscles to help lower the cup in the vaginal canal. Once reached, relax and pull gently in a downward direction. If the cup feels “stuck”, you can help release the vacuum by placing a finder against the body of cup and gently depressing it causing a crease to form and allow air to flow in. Moving the cup side to side while pulling on the stem will also assist. Once MyownCup reaches the entrance of the vagina, keep it upright with the stem down and slowly remove it from the vaginal opening. Tip the contents into a bucket to put on the garden or in the toilet, wipe or rinse then reinsert if required.
– It is recommended that you boil your MyownCup at the end of your menses and allow to air-dry before storing it in the cotton bag provided.
– Depending on your flow, you might be able to wear MyownCup for up to 12 hours at a time. Remember to check and empty your cup as least twice a day.
Wash & Boil or Sterilize
Wash MyownCup with clean, warm water. Make sure that the air holes are clean. Immerse in water and then boil MyownCup in an open pot for 5 minutes.
Note: there is no need to sterilize between emptying unless the cup is dropped into toilet or onto the floor.
Wash Hands – always wash your hands with soap and water before inserting, removing or handling your cup.
You can also use the Cup Sanitizer Spray. Once cup is washed, one spritz on the inside, and one on the outside will ensure your cup is free of nasties.
Store in the cotton material bag.
Find your Fit
Teen / Small
Most suited to the teen girl. Can be used from first menstrual cycle.
Original / Medium
Suitable for medium to heavy flow. Can be used pre and post child birth.
Grande / Large
Suitable for heavy flow. Pre and post childbirth.
Check out our cup options under the shop page.